Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holidays in Hand

Okay, so I'm a little behind on this, but I intend to see it through, so here I am! :) I'm taking Jessica Sprague's Holidays in Hand class, which guides you through the process of creating an album during the month of December. You get all the prep done ahead of time, then spend a bit of time each day during December building each page.

One of the exercises is to state your holiday values. These are the things that mean the most to you and your family during the December holidays. We celebrate Christmas, so obviously our values focus on that holiday.

Our major values are family gathering, food, music, traditions, and decorations.

Some actions I'd like to take during the holiday season include:
  • We'll make Christmas cookies together with the kids
  • We'll teach at least 5 Christmas songs to the kids
  • I'll take pictures while we decorate the house for Christmas
  • I'll commit to 20 minutes of journaling/creating/photo-taking/scrapbooking each day during December.
My next step is to print out the daily prompts for December. I'm printing them on regular paper, and I'll probably mount them on cardstock and link them up with binder rings. I haven't decided exactly how I'll display them, maybe an easel style.

No comments: