Friday, July 29, 2011

Gel manicure experimentation

I have terrible nails. They look nice if I can grow them out, but the only way for me to grow them out is to not do anything with my hands, which is just not possible. My nails are thin and flexible, and prone to splitting and chipping. I never bother getting a manicure because inevitably the polish is chipped in a by day 2 or so. On Monday July 25th, I got a gel manicure. It’s basically the same as a regular manicure, except that the “polish” is a gel that is cured under UV light, resulting in a harder, thicker coating. I had been thinking about doing something about my nails because I love the look of medium length nails. I talked with the tech and she recommended a gel manicure because I have “beautiful nails”, and I went for it. I sprung for the French manicure so that if I did get chips, it wouldn’t look as obvious.

On T+4 days since the manicure (shown in pic below), there is no difference from day 1. No chips, nice and glossy. So far since the manicure I’ve washed my hands about a bazillion times, worked with craft paint every day, typed every day, made blueberry jam on Tuesday, and mowed the lawn. The real test will come tomorrow when I change the brake pads and rotors on my car. I’ll have to take before and after pics to see how the nails hold up.



No comments: