Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hybrid.....I took the plunge.

Julie Ann inspired me to go hybrid.....I've done paper, I've done digital, but let me tell you, I am liking this hybrid stuff. I think I need to make more!

Only problem is, I'm out of cyan ink! EEEEEK! No printing for me until I scrounge up the change to buy ink....maybe next week.
This is a hybrid project using the Raspberry Marmalade kit provided as a bonus to my Scrapbook Dimensions subscription. I've used three digital elements in different ways.

The simplest was the photo mat: I took the background_green paper and resized it to 4.5x6.5 and printed it.

The second item was the flower in the upper right corner. This flower was cut from the backgroundTangerine-twist2 paper, and the color changed to a more pinkish hue. I then printed and cut out two of the flowers. I curled the petals and stacked them on top of each other to give a 3D effect.

The third item is the flower in the lower left corner. The petals are cut from the scallop border. I had originally printed and cut the scallop border to use as a border, but I did not cut it very well, and it was uneven. So I used a circle punch to punch out individual pieces from the scalloped border and used them to construct the flower.

Materials:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: Junkitz
Chipboard Scrolls: Fancy Pants
Ribbon: unknown
Letter Stickers: Provo Craft
Green Acrylic Paint: Adirondack for Ranger
Brad: Hot off the Press
Digital Elements: Raspberry Marmalade Kit by Carrie Stephens (www.fishscraps.com )

1 comment:

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Yay yay yay!! Go hybrid!