Thursday, December 06, 2007

Another Creative Outlet

I love to write, and writing is something that I try to work into all of my interests, whether technical or creative. I recently found a site called Suite101 where writers can write and submit articles to be posted on their site. The articles are picked up by Google and other search engines, so people who do a keyword search can find your article in the results.

Here's the cool part: Suite101 works with Google's advertisements to provide targeted ads next to the article. And the author (me) gets paid when readers click on an ad next to her article! It is not a lot of money, and it's a long-tail game, but it's a great way to build up a writing portfolio on subjects I enjoy and make a little money on the side.

So, if you have a minute, check out my Suite101 profile, where you can find links to my articles. There isn't a whole lot there yet, but it will grow as I write. I am trying to write one article each day where I don't have other billable work to do.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Wow, what a cool idea! Your articles read very well. Good luck with your new adventure!