Friday, January 09, 2009

Organizing Acrylic Stamps

My friend Nicole at SBO was asking about ways to store acrylic stamps in a method that's efficient yet accessible. I totally LOVE my storage method for my acrylic and unmounted rubber stamps, and it's probably one of my best organizational items in my scrap area. I do not honestly know where I found the idea, I did not come up with this idea myself.

I use a 3-ring binder, 8.5x11 transparencies, and page protectors that hold 8.5x11 sheets. I can then flip through the binder to find the stamps I need, and this method also allows me to store Technique Tuesday stamps that are already stored on their own full sized sheet.

I start with a blank transparency and the sheet of acrylic stamps that I want to transfer. I adhere the printed plastic piece that the stamps are adhered to in their package to one side of the transparency, then cling the matching stamps to the opposite side of the transparency, matching it up with the image on the printed plastic piece. The pic below shows the "stamp" side of a transparency, so everything looks reversed.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for posting this, Sue. I still have this on my list to do and I appreciate this visual! :)